One of my favorites was the Momofuku’s Milk Bar. When Brad, Russ, and I visited Momofuku’s, we ordered three different cookies and three different slices of pie, and ate every crumb of them with great zeal and pleasure. I’ve been in love with Momofuku’s ever since.
So, I was naturally thrilled when Kelly (from Live with Regis and Kelly ) went to Momofuku’s to learn how to make one of their most famous cookies, the “Compost Cookie.” I was glued to my television set and savored every moment as if I were there myself. The chef, Kristina Tosi, whom I had talked to briefly during our visit in September was there and took Kelly through the process step by step. I talked to that same chef right there in that same establishment---so it’s kind of like I’ve talked to Kelly, too, right?
Well, I went to the Regis and Kelly website and copied down the recipe for these wonderful cookies and then baked them. I was so pleased with how mine turned out that I mailed off some of them to Brad, since without him, I never would have discovered my new love------Momofuku’s. I’m in love.
Compost Cookies made by me
Our Visit to Momofuku's Milk Bar in New York City ~ September 19, 2009
8 comments:
but what about the milk?! how can you write about a milk bar and not mention the milk?
btw, how is Kelly doing anyway? did she ever patch things up with Frank Gifford? ;)
We didn't try the milk, but I hear the cornflake milk is yummy. The full name of the place is "Momofuku's Bakery and Milk Bar."
Are you giving me a hard time, Joel? Kelly Ripa is Kathy Lee's replacement on the show. Kelly has been doing the show for the past 9 years!
Mmmmm, compost. (I'm being serious!)
I will take 2 dozen compost cookies to go.
what is in a compost cookie??
You should post the recipe, I'd like to try them. And where were the compost cookies at our luncheon??
Troy, everything good and yummy is in a Compost Cookie. Here's where you can find the recipe: http://regisandkelly.go.com/recipe-finder.html?recipeID=8798 This should take you right there. In my cookies I put in mini chocolate chips, Snickers bars, and Twix bars for my *baking ingredients.* And I used yogurt covered pretzels, cheese Gold Fish, and Ritz crackers for my *snack* foods. This will make sense when you look at the recipe. Also, I followed the recipe exactly!! Good luck.
PS ~ Actually, Julie, you can order those cookies from Momofuku's. :) Or, I can make them soon--for the next fammily dinner?
These were insanely good. They arrived on the night before we moved into the new house and it was so fun to dine on them after a job well done of moving all day. The first desert eaten in the new house!
Post a Comment